Thursday, March 13, 2014

Journal Entries

April 21, 2014
     Today I joined Taika. I came to the entrance, and I was greeted by two kind and lovely people. They were very welcoming and asked me all sorts of questions, like "Where do you come from?" and "Who do you want to be when you're older?" I answered best I could, but I probably sounded stupid. If I did, they didn't notice. They were just so sweet. They asked me which Disney character I would like to have the personality of. I chose Belle, because I think she's got a lovely personality, and I would love to be her. Well, of course, now I am her! In order to take on her persona, they had me lay down and listen to some music. They explained it all to me before, and made sure that I was okay with what was gonna happen. They said the music had hidden messages, and it was teaching me how to be Belle as I listened. When I was done, they brought me into the forest where the society is. It's amazing and beautiful, and they let me pick from any of the empty houses to live in. I chose a simple one, but it's cute. Many of my neighbors helped me move in. Everyone is so kind, and I'm so glad I live here now.
~Ashley-Belle

April 30, 2014
     Today I applied for a job at the bookstore and got it. The other Belles all said that it was a lovely place to work. I really love looking through the books when I'm not busy helping people. It's not required to get a job, but I wanted something to do and I wanted a little money, even though nothing here is expensive. I help with putting books back on the shelf, and I sometimes help with the cash register. The bookstore owner said he was happy to have me there, and I was happy to be there. It's mostly other Belles that work there (we're the bookworms) but there's also one Aurora and one Mulan. After I got home, some of my neighbors (Peter Pan and Ariel) brought me some supper. They offered to leave, but I invited them to stay for dinner and they did. I love how everyone here looks out for each other, and how everyone is welcoming, but gives you space if you would like it. After dinner they went home and I went to sleep, since I had work the next day.
~Ashley-Belle

May 10, 2014
     Today we had a vote. When our council ties on a vote for our community, the vote goes to us. Today we could vote on whether or not we should build some more houses. Some people didn't want to have the extra houses around, and some people said that having more houses would convince more people to join our society. People lined up outside certain businesses, including our bookstore, where voting was taking place. Whoever wanted to vote did, and it was very close. 55% said we should build more, while 45% said we shouldn't. Personally, I chose not to vote because I haven't been here long and wasn't sure which was the best choice for everyone. Because it was such a close vote, the council said that they would build a few new houses, but not as many as they had planned on. I think this seems like a good choice on behalf of the council, because it lets everyone know they are being heard. After the vote I worked the bookstore another hour or so, then went home.
~Ashley-Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment